How to Buy a New Garage Door
A garage door or overhead door is an investment. It’s understandable that people may have a hard time choosing the right door for them. Whether you’re looking to revamp your home, increase home value, or streamline your business operations, the perfect garage door for the job is out there. Not sure how to get started? Follow our 4 steps below!
1. Do Your Research
Like any major decision, the first step is to gather information and know your options. When it comes to a garage door, your options may vary depending on if you’re looking for a residential garage door or a commercial overhead door.
Some factors to help narrow down your options include:
- Door material: There are several types of garage door materials to choose from, as well as different styles to meet your needs and decorum.
- Frequency of use: If you’re planning to use your garage door very often, you might want to consider upgrades like heavier cables or double duty spring systems so your door system has the greatest lifespan possible.
- Safety needs: If you have family members, pets, or workers who will be frequently interacting with or moving around the door, you may want to inquire about a door with additional strength and safety features.
- Insulation: If your garage door is next to a living space or if you’ll be working in the garage, look into an insulated door to keep you comfortable all year around.
- Price: Garage door costs can range depending on the material and size of the project, so it helps to know your budget beforehand.
2. Visualize It
When it comes to making a big change, the thing that stops most people is the concern that they won’t like the end product because they’re not sure what to expect. Because of this, many people shy away from truly taking a dive. Your home may look gorgeous with an ornate traditional wooden door, but you choose a more conservative option just in case. We’d never want you to purchase a garage door you’re uncomfortable with, but we do want you to know you have more options than you think!
It’s hard to make a decision when you can’t see how a particular garage door will look on your home. That’s why our online DoorView DesignCenter will allow you to upload a picture of your house and see how dozens of different doors would look on it. Browse different door shapes and styles in the photo gallery.
3. Ask a Professional
If you believe you have a pretty solid idea of what type of garage door or overhead door you need but still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask a professional! We at Hill Country Overhead Door are more than happy to go over your options, from garage door openers to maintenance and upkeep of each garage door type. You can even visit our showroom to see several of our available options with your own eyes.
4. Buy A New Garage Door!
After you’ve gone through all of the above steps, chances are you’ll feel pretty confident in what garage door will work best for you and/or your business. Now you’re ready to have your brand new overhead door installed! We are confident you’ll love they way it transforms your home or makes your company’s operations run smoothly.
If you’re ready to purchase a new garage door in San Antonio, you’ve come to the right place! Hill Country Overhead Door can handle all your residential and commercial overhead door needs. Simply give us a call at 210-547-0359 or stop by our showroom to get started.